Thursday, February 21, 2013

Half A Year

Hello my dear blog. It's been awhile since I checked up on you. Can't believe it's been that long. So, cut to the chase, where should I begin?

Finally, a university graduate. Three years went by as if it were a mere few days. Time does fly by quite fast. It was a tough journey, but it was worth every effort I put in it.

There were a lot of setbacks in the previous year. It wasn't as pleasant as I hoped it would be. Alas, I made it through and it's taught me tons of valuable lessons and experiences. Many of you know that last year was one of the worst years I've ever had in my life. I was a hopeless wreck, a mess, left heartbroken plenty of times. It was a depressing year for me and I wasn't able to be truly happy. I was negative every time. I couldn't open up to people. I distrusted people. I dislike having the company of other people. I was back to being a loner.

But all that changed when I met the right people who guided me back into the right direction. I understood one thing; once you stop believing in forever alone, that's when happiness starts seeping in. It doesn't happen overnight, but eventually it will. I've gotten over my ex and was ready to move on. I left behind the painful memories and other drawbacks and devastation caused by other people who have come in and left my life. All that doesn't matter anymore. What matters, is now.

I started leaving my sad life behind me some time in Sept 2012. I figured that, the only way to be happy, was to start being positive about everything. So I did. And it's working out pretty good. There's no point in being negative about anything, because I learned that being a pessimist won't benefit me at all. I started smiling more often, started opening up to people and forgot I ever had a sad life.

Joanne came back for Christmas in 2012 and we hung out for the entire week but just as good friends and it all seemed as if nothing ever happened to us. We were starting to get close again and we were beginning to rekindle that jackass friendship we lost due to our history. Past is past, so we focused on the present. She's happy with her boyfriend, I respect that. I've moved on and I'm quite happy with my life. Unfortunately, due to certain circumstances we decided to never contact each other again for it was causing 'inevitable harm' to her current life. It was a mutual understanding, and I've kept my promise till this day.

So YES, I am a changed man. I haven't felt this good in a long time. I'm thankful to the people who guided me back; my parents, my family and my close friends. If it weren't for them, I'd probably still be the sad, self-pitying and miserable good-for-nothing person. Because only I alone can pick myself up and carry on the journey. It's my road to take, my own dangers to face, my own problems to solve, my own rewards to reap.

2013 and the year of the Snake started off really good. Had a good vibe about a lot of things. Minor setbacks such as flu, fever and the horrible pain caused by two of my wisdom teeth, but it didn't bring me down. So far, things are pretty much going uphill for now. I'm expecting the worst, but I'm embracing the joys of life. So, apart from me being more positive and finally opening up to the world again, what else is new?

What happened was something that required me to muster up my courage and to be really positive about things. While everyone had their moment on the 14th, mine was a bit tad late. Three days late to be precise. But it wasn't anything fancy and all. Just something casual at Sunset Bar. Yes, I asked a girl out in case you haven't figured that out. And yes, I do like her a lot. Been awhile since I felt butterflies in my stomach. She has this killer smile and adorable cheeks that you just want to pinch with both hands. Hahaha.


Apart from that, I'm preparing myself here in KK as both a competent audio-engineer and a competent semi-pro performing drummer for my perilous journey in KL. Although it may not be soon or certain, it doesn't hurt to prepare oneself. Besides, I've set my goals. One of it, is to be one of the best drummers in Sabah... for now. Everyone's got to start somewhere. I've also got to take my cajon playing skills much higher, because I'm still not satisfied with my speed, rhythm vocabulary and the amount of ideas for fill-ins. But one thing's for sure, I am on my way. With enough effort, hard-work, perseverance, diligence and discipline, I'm sure I'll make it up there. It's time I make my family truly proud of what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment