Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 12 2009

It's been more than a month since I last posted a blog, so I definitely am gonna compose a long one. So ready your coffee 'cause this is gonna take A LOT of your time....haha. I'm just kidding. It won't take too long though, but that's for you to judge. Of course, you don't necessarily have to ready your coffee...unless you want to.

First of, the reasons why I'm blogging now is because I can't log into WoW due to terrible Internet connection, WoW is now undergoing maintenance & I've got nothing else to do. And so, I might as well update my blog.

Sitting in a dark cold room, listening to Killswitch Engage, drinking Coke and wondering what the hell should I blog about first. Scratching my head & feeling the pain from my finger, remembering that I had a cut on my middle finger from playing the cajon for too long until the skin dried up, cracked and ended up as a cut. It's not fully healed yet, but it sure still stings if I stretch my finger too much. Apart from that my right palm's swollen and apparently thicker than my left. All of this is from playing the cajon. If you don't know what a cajon is, a cajon (pronounced ka-hon) is a Latin percussion instrument, which can produce the same sound as a high pitch snare drum, and a bass drum. It's made out of wood (type of wood varies with different companies that manufacture cajons) and it's shaped like a box.

On May 9th 2009, my band, Quadro Forte from SIA, had our first showcase at Sedco Square (I hope I got that one right). And it was a BLAST! A successful performance once again. Although I injured my hands in the process and go through a few stressful moments, I would have to say that it was all worth it. Even though I didn't get to go to KL & perform for the band Sasuka as their session drummer, I have no regrets & I'm glad I got to perform with my friends & have a good time. Gigs in KL can wait. I remember an advice a friend of mine told me once. He said " Local fans first."

I'm quite frustrated with my home internet connection nowadays. Last time, I was able to play WoW with some minor lags and I don't mind. Usually it'll just go up to about 900 ms. But nowadays, it shoots up to 15K and I don't know what the hell is going on and why. But I guess I'll just have to wait until the line here gets better, which might be forever. Bloody hell. Anyway, apart from all that cursing, I've made friends with some nice Filipino chaps from WoW. Thanks to Richard though for helping me out with instances & introducing me to them. Had it not been for them, I doubt I'd be having the gears that I have today. WoW (World of Warcraft, if you didn't know) is undoubtedly an expensive game to play, because you have to pay to keep on playing. For me, I have to pay 110 ringgit for every two months, but I can say it's worth it.

It's been a while since I actually practiced playing the drums. And with that, my rudiments, sticking coordination & timing are a bit off. My right leg's feeling a bit rusty too due to the lack of practice and fencing training. Why fencing training? Well, the training strengthens my legs and it helps me play the bass drum at a fast tempo and last for a long time. The training also helped me with the "swivel" and "heel-toe" technique. But as a seasoned and experienced drummer, I'm sure practicing and going for training again will help fix my problems.

I was suppose to update this post but I'm too lazy. However I will be posting a new one some time soon....or maybe later.

No comments:

Post a Comment